Sunday, February 7, 2010

Jake's graduating!

Watching your own children grow up can seem like such a long and slow process, mainly because you are there for every waking moment. You might notice a growth spurt, because you had to toss out a pair of jeans that are now too short, or a sudden ability to do something that used to be very challenging, but for most part, things happen gradually.

On the other hand, I have the opportunity to watch several other children grow up really fast: my youth group kids, my middle/high school students, and all the kids that claim me as their "adopted mom". It seems like I go a week or a month without seeing one of them and the next thing I know, one is getting married or the next one is having children, and another is graduating from school.

Jake would be one of the kids. I have known he and his family since we first moved to Jacksonville 8 years ago. I have watched him grow from a boy to a young man, so when I look at him and his photographs, it leaves me with that "oh my goodness, you are still 10 in my eyes" kind of feeling.

Jake is graduating from Stanton College Preparatory School this May. He is talented and brillant. I know his family couldn't be more proud.

Congratulations Jake!

Jake


Jake


Jake

Jake

No comments: