Saturday, December 19, 2009

Flashbacks and Memories

Every time I shoot a high school event, it makes me think about the times when I walked the halls of my high school. Yes, I am going to pull a "in my days" story time with you. So, just kick back and enjoy!

In my days, homecoming dance was right after the homecoming football game. We would freeze our butts off cheering and then cram everyone inside a sweaty gym. It was awesome.

In my days, we nominated just a homecoming queen, not a king. The girls would have their picture taken for the local newspaper the week prior to the event. Everyone would cut the clipping out, because it was the closest any of us would ever come to making front page news.

In my days, the night of the big game, you really felt like a celebrity. A candidate would ride on the top of a convertible car, while being driven around the football field on the track-n-field lanes. Every girl took her time to decorate the car and poster for the event. Her heart would fill with joy and nervousness as she waved to the crowd in the stands.

In my days, I was nominated my junior year for homecoming queen. I couldn't have been more proud to have been one of three girls to represent my class. However, when the time came for the announcer to call the names of the winners, they totally messed it up. They called the winner first and then all of the runners up. This was completely backwards. The anticipation died at that moment. I received first runner up, so I was the last to be called and by that point the attendants were all out of flowers. That was even more awkward. The week following the dance, I receieved flowers to my homeroom class, with a letter apologizing for the mix up. It didn't bother me. I was just happy to be a part of such a big event.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane. Now here are some pictures from the homecoming dance at Seacoast Christian Academy.

For more see www.jhalsteadphotography.blogspot.com





Getting Down



Girls just wanna have fun

No comments: